Thursday, November 16, 2006

A reminder

A not so gentle reminder of why Glenn Beck remains on my personal boycott list- he's a religious bigot.

From Media Matters:

CNN's Beck to first-ever Muslim congressman (emphasis added):

[Y]ou are a Democrat. You are saying, "Let's cut and run." And I have to tell you, I have been nervous about this interview with you, because what I feel like saying is, "Sir, prove to me that you are not working with our enemies."

And the Congressman-elect's restrained response:

Well, let me tell you, the people of the Fifth Congressional District know that I have a deep love and affection for my country. There's no one who is more patriotic than I am. And so, you know, I don't need to -- need to prove my patriotic stripes.

So the burden of proof is on Muslims. Prove your not an enemy of the US.

Perhaps the burden of proof should be on Glenn Beck: Prove you're not an enemy of the First Amendment right to freedom of religion. Prove you're not an enemy of the Declaration of Independence ("all men are created equal"). Prove you're not an enemy of human dignity and fairness.

While you're at it: Prove you deserve to have a prime time news slot devoted to you.

GP

No comments: