Monday, July 23, 2007

Is it just me?

I just cannot generate any interest in the debates that are taking place among the multitude of Presidential candidates in each party. It seems like forever until the election. I don't read a lot of serious proposals from the candidates (and there's no time to discuss serious proposals in the current debate format anyways). I have no idea what some of the 'candidates' are thinking as they run for the office- they have no shot and are not even putting key issues/ideas on the table to drive the debate.

The YouTube debate gimmick doesn't interest me either. I don't see that idea as much of a step forward for serious discussion. I may be wrong, but I doubt anything earth shaking will come from the web cam questions.

So, I think I'll sit out tonight's debate. Let me know if you see anything interesting.

No comments: